We teach and learn about developing free and open source software (FOSS) for non-profit organizations and other communities. The information and discussions on this site are aimed at improving understanding of the open source development process and its applications.
This site provides the following:
- Supporting materials for our textbook on developing open source software.
- Access to actual FOSS software projects, both completed and ongoing.
- Each project is free and open source software (see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html for more information about licensing).
- Each project's code base can be downloaded and adapted for use elsewhere.
- A feedback form where you can leave comments about our textbook and these projects.
Our work is inspired by the Humanitarian FOSS Project (see hfoss.org for more information). We hope you find our work useful.